On the first day of training we will be focused on pump types and how they are used in applications.
- Centrifugal pump basics and examples
- Positive Displacement pump basics and examples
- Strengths and limitations of both pump types
- Specialized pumps in Municipal applications (Solids handling, Metering/Dosing, Staged Booster)
The second day will be used to focus on problem solving and troubleshooting pumping equipment
- Calculating basic system curves (reading pressure gauges with pump curves)
- Troubleshooting/Commissioning pumps (cavitation, air entrainment, high amperage draw, etc)
- Start-up documentation
- Hydraulic analysis (basic transient behaviour)
- Dealing with “Flushable” wipes
There are no available options for this course at this time - please contact .
$100.00 Must have current SWWA Membership
$75.00 (For in-class courses only) Must have a current SWWA Membership and be an operator of a small public rural water/wastewater facility.